Giving Tuesday Success:
Last year, three organizations — Boston Children’s Hospital, Riley Children’s Hospital and the Greater Chicago Food Depository — were looking to improve their Giving Tuesday experience.
They partnered with Charity Dynamics to find ways to stand out amidst the sheer volume of appeals with engaging, emotional content and to deliver high-quality, responsive emails that could easily be tracked and analyzed — and tie in to their over EOY campaign.
- Overall Challenge: To stand out in the inbox as a credible and compelling ask as the volume of Giving Tuesday appeals increases — staying true to each organization’s brand and mission while multiplying year-over-year revenue.
- Technical Challenge: To deliver high-quality, responsive email designs to clients’ constituents across major email platforms, and include Luminate Online and Google Analytics tracking for reporting.
- Ongoing Partnership Challenge: To deliver measurable results for ongoing user experience (UX) and strategy engagements (in 2018 and beyond) for a sophisticated set of clients with a history of fundraising and end-of-year (EOY) success.
- Strategy: Crafted on-brand and on-mission content, including
- Strategic resends of high-performing emails
- timed variations across email campaigns
- special content for sustainers and key groups based on previous engagement with clients’ donor set, and
- coordinated timing and appearance of emails, lightboxes and other campaign assets, keeping sight of the entire EOY campaign to increase Giving Tuesday impact.
- Tracked results using Luminate Online and Google Analytics across various segments to improve future UX and strategy decisions;
- Implemented new bespoke templates using the latest in email technology for branded fonts, accessibility and image performance; and
- Scheduled emails and lightboxes for specific timing leading up to and across the entire day of Giving Tuesday.
- Ensured clients’ campaign visuals and messaging stayed true to the voice and brand that donors recognize, further compelling them to give to the organizations they trust.
- Crafted engaging and emotional appeals that donors could experience on any device through the use of emerging techniques for email interactivity and by pushing the boundaries of responsive email design.
Every eCommunications client increased their Giving Tuesday revenue year over year by at least 29%.
- Boston Children’s Hospital Trust increased their Giving Tuesday results by 29% year over year.
- Greater Chicago Food Depository boosted revenue by 56% compared with their 2016 Giving Tuesday campaign.
- Riley Children’s Hospital’s Giving Tuesday digital revenue increased by 48% over their 2016 Giving Tuesday campaign.
Digital Direct Response Fundraising
Charity Dynamics works in partnership with your organization to unlock the full potential of digital donors through online engagement via your website, email and social channels. Using our fundraising and technical expertise, we are ready to take your organization’s fundraising to the next level by complementing your existing team or with a full service approach to handling everything from start to finish.