Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation: YA Microsites
Charity Dynamics designed and developed new microsites for the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s Just Like Me and Campus Connection programs. The sites further the Foundation’s mission of supporting teens and young adults living with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) and providing them with a community where they can learn more about their disease and connect with others like them.
To learn more, visit either site below.
Campus Connection: https://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/campus-connection
Just Like me: https://justlikemeibd.org
Client Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation
Skills Strategy, Engagement, UX Design, Technology
- Create a shared design template between the microsites with similar branding and layout, while also allowing for unique imagery and copy for each site.
- Upgrade the Campus Connection student profiles map to allow users to view current profiles and create new ones.
- Design a guided quiz experience for the Just Like Me site that provides suggested site content based on users’ answers.
- Worked closely with the Foundation to understand and highlight the shared and unique aspects of both sites, including personas, branding, and calls to action.
- Built on existing functionality to create a more visually appealing and functional front end for the map interface, while introducing functionality to the back end for adding student profiles as Luminate Online constituents.
- Situated the quiz, which displays a series of three questions to users, in a key location within the site.
- Launched two microsites that share a unifying theme and design, but with each providing unique content and imagery specific to its audience.
- Created a more intuitive and user-friendly interactive map that college students can use to find other students with IBD near them, and to view and create their own profile.
- Developedaguided quiz that pinpoints what content users are searching for based on their answers and provides them with relevant